Sunday, November 1, 2009

Joining in...NaBloWriMo

Ok - because I've been so lacadasial (sp?) about posting on this blog, I've decided to take the challenge - posting EVERYDAY in the month of November. EVERY DAY. So you'll get 30 posts over the next 30 days... Monday-Friday will likely stick to the themes I previously established - and on the weekends... who knows what you're going to get! It'll be a fantastic surprise!

For today, I thought I'd tell y'all about something I recently did and maybe it's something you're interested in too. It hardly took any of my time, definitely didn't hurt, and could potentially save a life.


I joined Be The Match - the national bone marrow donor registry.




It was SO simple. I just registered online and a few days later received a small package in the mail with instructions on how to take the 4 cheek swabs necessary. I did that and put it back in the mail to them. They are currently processing my results and will then put them in the national bone marrow donor system.


I don't tell y'all this to brag, or for accolades in any way shape or form. I tell y'all this in case your interested, and to let you know just how easy it is.


My thoughts on the subject are that if I happen to be a match for someone, while the donation might hurt temporarily, I could literally be a life and death difference for someone. Wow. That simply amazes me, so I signed up. As simple as that. Just thought I'd pass along the word...
Have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful gift to give someone. Right before Kathy (B-1 83's wife) was diagnosed, Jamie, Karen, and I toured the brewery here in town. That night was a fundraiser for bone cancer research. The timing of it all was surreal. So, I signed up to join the registry, too. Like you, the process was so easy. I received an email about a week or two ago telling me that I was fully processed and in the database. It's a good feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful!! I can't believe I didn't know about this! Thanks Renee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know about that, either! Thanks Renee!

    ReplyDelete