Friday, November 13, 2009

Friday Floatsam - 11.13.09

NaBloWriMo: Day 13

- Yes, I realize that these are being posted late (as in I'm posting them on the 16th, and acting like they were posted on time). But well, after working at the Nutcracker Market for 12+ hours/day, the last thing I even thought of when I got home was a blog post. And unless you wanted to hear "We're out of sizes in a lot of our t-shirts, but if you find one you'd like, you can place your order at the register and we will ship it to you in 2-3 weeks with no shipping charges...", then you'd likely be out of luck. I think it's the only sentence I could form at the end of a long, long day!

- Nutcracker Market is crazy, but fun. It's exhausting work, but good work. It's definitely a change from the bank job.

- I realized while I was there that I know a LOT of people! LOL! And I have a lot of random connections. It makes me happy and I know I am blessed to have so many people in my life. There were some blasts from the past (Hi Jamie!), some college friends (too many to name!), life long friends, work friends, friends of friends, etc, etc, etc... They were all there - so fun to see everyone, even if it was for a short while!

- I followed the illness and recovery of Baby Stellan this week and was so grateful, and in awe to hear of his total homerun, and freedom from SVT! This is truly a case where God deserves the ultimate glory!

- Babies babies babies galore - so many on the way! The count so far is 10 girls, and 2 boys... and one little guy, Jonah, actually joined us on Wednesday! Congrats Steph - may you continue to be blessed in the years to come - what a road you've already traveled. I know I'm speaking for many when we wish you all the best and then some!

- Workouts this week didn't happen much. Life got in the way (work, funeral, market, etc...). That's all I know to say. BUT I did leave work on Tuesday evening with EVERYTHING on my to-do list complete. No one was waiting on anything from me. It was glorious! I need to do that more often.

- We got word last Sunday (the 8th) that my Nana's sister, Elizabeth, had passed away. She was 87 years old, and had lived her life. It was truly a celebration of life at her funeral. I flew up to Dallas and back on Wednesday to spend time with my family. This is the first time I've been to a funeral and haven't cried - it was not sad to me that she has passed on to a better place. She's not suffering anymore and is finally well again. She was an ultimate canine lover and definitely passed on her love of dogs to me, and for that I am grateful. God Bless Aunt Beth, may you rest in peace.

And because I'm actually posting this on Monday, not Friday, I'll go ahead and sign off - I need to have something to talk about THIS Friday! ;o)

Hope you all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment