Friday, November 20, 2009

Friday Floatsam - 11.20.09

- Yes, once again I was out of town for the weekend and didn't post things on the day they were supposed to be posted. But unless you've got me on your Google Reader, or visit my blog EVERYDAY, then you won't know that I fiddled with the posting dates... ;o) Of course there is the fact that I've posted this little sentence now though, so everyone knows I'm a slacker! Some people can do it all... I'm not one of those people.

- It took me almost 9 hours to get to Oklahoma on Friday. It was a LONG DAY. I left Houston at 12:30, and arrived in North Dallas at 4:45, so that part wasn't out of the ordinary. I met up with a new Dallas co-worker for HH so we could get to know each other, and before we knew it, it was 7:00!!! Yikes - how time flies when you're having fun! So I hit the road at 7 and should have arrived at Jocelyn's no later than 8:30. Oh, but no. The traffic due to construction didn't cooperate. Then I needed dinner, and it was raining so hard that it forced me to have a sit down dinner (at Panera), rather than taking it to go and eating on the way. So I didn't pull up to Joc's house until 9:45. Wowza. Of course we didn't go to bed until well after midnight, and had to wake up at 5am for hunting, so there wasn't much sleep to be had!

- Speaking of hunting... This was my 4th annual trip to hunt with Jocelyn. The first year I shot a duck, the second year I shot a doe, but it got away when we went to get the truck, and then last year we saw a whole lot of NOTHING. This year seemed to be more promising. I was there on opening day, it had rained the day before, but cleared out for that morning, and they had seen TONS of deer in the past few weeks. So off we went to be in the blind by 6am...and we waited, and waited some more, and I posted on my Iphone, and waited some more, more Iphone updates...waited... and NOTHING. AGAIN. Absolutely stinkin' nothing! We even went driving around to see if we could see anything and never did. I'll have to post some pictures from my trip there sometime soon. Looks like I'll be going back again next year - hopefully the deer won't get the memo that I'm coming because OBVIOUSLY they are very, very scared of me.

- And now speaking of the Iphone. Holy new addiction! That puppy is dangerous. It's fun when you're sitting somewhere bored, but now that it's all set up, I'm past the point of checking it constantly. I don't want to be overtaken by technology. I'm already bad enough!

- I was in the car a lot this weekend... and I'm repeating the trip on Thursday/Friday for Thanksgiving. But this past weekend was the unexpected trip, and it was WELL WORTH IT. The concert by Wade Bowen on Saturday night was AMAZING to say the least... I'll likely save my full review for my Thursdays Rock post for this week, so be sure to check back if you're interested!

I think I'm going to sign off for now... tons to do, not enough time to do it all!


NaBloWriMo: Day 20

No comments:

Post a Comment