Monday, August 24, 2009

Monday Munchies - Pecan Pie Bites



I found the recipe for these little gems at some point last year, and they became my 'go-to' recipe - I made them for everything - including Thanksgiving Day! My dad is pretty picky when it comes to food to say the least, and was very skeptical when I brought these for the 'pecan pie dessert'. I told him to trust me - that when he got done with one bite, he would realize that he had just tasted a pecan pie, without the gooeyness! He ended up loving them - and had me leave all of the left overs so he could take them in his lunch throughout the next week - they were his favorite dessert out of everything I brought last year...



Even if you prefer the gooey traditional pecan pie, make these anyways - they are definitely more transportable than your typcial pie. And bite size. And cute. And well... just make them. Trust me!



Pecan Pie Bites

INGREDIENTS

1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup chopped pecans
2/3 cup butter, softened
2 eggs, beaten
Add to Recipe Box

DIRECTIONS
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour 18 mini muffin cups (use LOTS of Bakers Joy)


2.In a medium bowl, stir together brown sugar, flour and pecans. In a separate bowl beat the butter and eggs together until smooth, stir into the dry ingredients just until combined. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups. Cups should be about 2/3 full.


3.Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20 to 25 minutes. Cool on wire racks when done.

1 comment:

  1. These look amazing!!!!!!!!!!!! I am making them this week! Thanks!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete