Sunday, July 13, 2008

TWD - Cheddar Apple Scones

So in all of the madness of June, one of the Tuesday with Dorie recipes I missed was the Cheddar Apple Scones chosen by Karina of The Floured Apron. I finally made them this weekend and they were excellent. I agree with others that they were more like biscuits than scones that I've had in the past, but they've made quite a tasty breakfast, and brunch, and late-night snack, and dinner so far this weekend! LOL!

I made them according to the recipe, but at the last minute thought that bacon would make a nice addition - in my mind I was thinking of Applewood Smoked Bacon and then bacon and cheese kolaches - so it all seemed like a natural fit. And IT WAS!! I'm so glad I added it! I just used the 50% reduced fat Real Bacon Bits, which was so much easier than frying and chopping up bacon on my own, and it cleared up a little more room in my fridge as well! Bonus!


And ready to eat:

No comments:

Post a Comment