Thursday, June 19, 2008

TWD - Brown Sugar Pecan Shortbread Cookies

Obivously I made a substitution for this week - and I went back and did one of the first challenges instead for a few reasons...

1. I left on Saturday for Young Life camp in Colorado, so I wasn't going to be around for the week and didn't want to make something that would go bad.

2. I didn't have anywhere to take the Peppermint Cream Puff to - which considering my weight loss goals, is essential.

3. I needed a gift for my dad for Father's Day, and these were the ticket! He loves shortbread, and I figured I could wrap them up and they'd hold up in shipping, so it was a go!

These were pretty good - I think I overdid it with the pinch of cloves, but I'll be mindful of that next time. I liked the texture though!





No comments:

Post a Comment