Saturday, June 14, 2008

Bookmarks Galore!

I figured it was time for another update on my craft projects - there have actually been quite a few lately! Mainly I've been creating gifts for a lot of graduating seniors. I'm an adult volunteer leader for Young Life - I began last September. So it's my first time to have graduating seniors - and there were LOTS this year! There was no way I could afford to get them all something, so I decided I would take it upon myself to just make something. Considering they are all going off to college, and will be studying VERY hard, I thought bookmarks might come in handy, so I created a couple...



And then I needed to design a card for them to go in, and this is what I came up with - it reminded me of a concho belt when I got done with it...



And then this coming week I'm going to be in Buena Vista, CO at Frontier Ranch with the Young Life group as well and wanted the girls in my cabin to be able to take a little something back with them from me. There will be 15 of them though, so once again, buying stuff was cost prohibitive, so I created another bookmark!



The message on it says "All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen. -Ralph Waldo Emerson" - which is PERFECT for camp because one of the main points is to put the kids in one of the most beautiful places on earth, surround them with God's beauty and hopefully they will be inspired by it.

That's all for now - I've got to go pack!

No comments:

Post a Comment